「 We must be willing to take the big risks, and be prepared to lose everything 」
Series: Steven Universe
Lanaya always nuzzles me when I get home from work #catsofinstagram
Gypsy Danger #megacon #megacon2014
Photographer: David Ngo
I am kicking myself for not getting her cosplay contact info! Amazing build.
I asked her for her contact info! Her Facebook page is here:
I can’t wait to bug her! XD
Re blogging for this amazing cosplayer’s fan page.
Princess Zelda (left) and Sheik (right) from Twilight Princess / Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Cosplayer / Submitter: theeternalouroboros
Ahhh, follow this cosplayers blog! Her WIP pics are awesome :) Very impressive cosplays!!
Megacon 2014 - Game of Thrones Photoshoot
aaaand now some Lottie progress from “The Princess and the Frog” ! Also to be worn at LBM this weekend!! <3
This is going to be so much fun!! XD I wasn’t able to sew it as neatly as I wanted to as I was pressed for time and I’m not a fan of the hat, but I’m sure it’ll be fun to wear XD
I also overdid it a bit with the skirt length difference… maybe I’ll correct that when I wear it again ^^
Oh my GOD this is adorable!!!!
Convention season is creeping up on us like a big, creeping… thing. And this means that thousands of like-minded individuals will cram themselves, six to a room, into hotels and convention centers and forgetting basic hygiene in favor of socializing with people who actually get them. (Which brings me to the next point: please shower.)
Hotels detest large groups of people because while they do bring in money they also mean heaps of trouble most of the time. If there’s enough trouble, they can actually refuse to house cons in the future- and we don’t want that. Hotel jobs are not easy and they don’t always pay well, so here’s some pointers on how to make it easier on your hosts:
- give tips when you can. Desk staff, breakfast hosts, and housekeeping all accept tips. Even if its a dollar. It can really make a person’s day, and that’s important.
- If you’re hanging out in the lobby and the janitor looks like they’re going to start cleaning, please allow them leeway to clean. They can’t vacuum if you’re on the carpet, they can’t mop if you’re on the tile. Which means that they have to wait, which means overtime, which usually results in hours for the next week being docked and that’s really very inconvenient.
- If you’re going to be arriving late (closer to 10pm or later), call the hotel and let them know- particularly if its a lot of people.
- You are not the only people in the hotel. It may seem like the only guests at your hotel are fellow con-goers, but its rare that one event reserves the whole building. There’s usually at least one very confused grandmother. Keep the noise levels down, comply if there is a noise complaint against you.
- Keep messes in public areas to a minimum, clean up what you can. Let staff know. If something is broken in your room, let staff know.
- You may get a survey emailed to you. Fill it out when you get a chance: we actually do read your comments. Make a point of remembering names of staff that were particularly helpful- they get rewarded.
- Overall, be polite and patient with the staff- you don’t know how many problems they’ve had to deal with in one day. Usually by the time check-in rolls around its been a lot.
Other than that, keep safe and have fun!
Some excellent points! Respect the space! :D We are sharing a weekend with TWO weddings!
This is very important guys! Hotels take this stuff seriously, and they CAN ban convention goers or even choose not to host the next years convention. Sometimes the hassle isn’t worth the money they make during that weekend. Your bad behavior or lack of respect for their facility WILL lead to you being kicked out or like I said earlier, their refusal to host your beloved convention again. Keep this in mind.
This is also a very good article on things NOT to do at a hotel, especially when it comes to body paint.
"As a very serious cosplayer-“
no Do Not
"cosplay is not just about fun-"
no. Do Not.
Hi there!! :D
Finally I have more progress to share! <3 This is my almost finished Ema Cosplay. It’s from the Anime “Brother’s Conflict” which is silly, but very funny and cute. XD
Still a few details missing, but mostly done, yeah! :D
Jacket, Top, Ribbon, Skirt and Wig Styling all self-made! :3 I got the Juli plushie on Aliexpress.
Will wear it this weekend in Leipzig! <3
Ho ho ho are you going to have any of the brothers with you? *eyebrow wiggle*
First photos of my full Jenny cosplay are popping up from yesterday. I just have to share! xD
IS THAT A HELIX FOSSIL ON HER HAT THO